Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Bloomer
I accidentally deleted my own topic so I added back the pictures that I had and it took a few days Wink

So the update is that my late bloomers are my primary LED grow specimens. The older specimen from Nor Cal turned out male and ended up becoming a tasty salad. One of the babies is showing discolouration. Not sure why. Manchi?

[attachment=345]2013-07-1609.28.51.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=346]2013-07-1609.28.56.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Everything I say on this forum is imaginary and for educational purposes only. I make no claims or warranties over any instructions, pictures or any other material posted by me or anyone else on this forum. I do not condone illegal activities and neither should you.

Boom Shankar!
Having trouble uploading pics so have to do it one at a time.

[attachment=347]2013-07-1412.17.11.jpg[/attachment]

Everything I say on this forum is imaginary and for educational purposes only. I make no claims or warranties over any instructions, pictures or any other material posted by me or anyone else on this forum. I do not condone illegal activities and neither should you.

Boom Shankar!
Older pics

[attachment=348]P1160012_1.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=349]P1160014_1.JPG[/attachment]

Boom Shankar!
Quote:I accidentally deleted my own topic so I added back the pictures that I had and it took a few days Wink

So the update is that my late bloomers are my primary LED grow specimens. The older specimen from Nor Cal turned out male and ended up becoming a tasty salad. One of the babies is showing discolouration. Not sure why. Manchi?

Looks like either iron or zinc deficiency. I'm leaning towards zinc deficiency. Flush your plant with ph'd water and it should fix the problem. If you have a zinc supplement than go ahead and use it but with half the strength recommended.

Hope that helps fix the problem. Let me know how turns out.

:cheer:
I do not encourage the cultivation/use of Cannabis. All text/illustrations are for educational purposes only. I do not take responsibility for the misuse of the information presented above. Readers are advised against breaking the law as it is illegal to cultivate/use Cannabis in India.-Manchi Phoga
By the way, use caution when flushing such a young plant as it'll become very fragile during the process and for a few days afterwards.

Pour the water on the soil as gently as possible to make sure you don't uproot the plant.

Good luck!
I do not encourage the cultivation/use of Cannabis. All text/illustrations are for educational purposes only. I do not take responsibility for the misuse of the information presented above. Readers are advised against breaking the law as it is illegal to cultivate/use Cannabis in India.-Manchi Phoga
Dude I just remembered that I read somewhere that some LED growers had leaf discoloration during flowering. I don't know if there is any correlation with that and the issue you're having but it might be better to wait it out to know for sure rather than dose your plant with something it doesn't need or take the risk of flushing such a small plant.

Ultimately it's your decision bro.
After some more research, it seems to be an Iron deficiency. In that case, the first step would be to check the pH of the soil. Wonder if a simple digital multimeter can be rigged to check pH.

Boom Shankar!
The stretch from lack of light.
[attachment=356]P1160016_1.JPG[/attachment]

Boom Shankar!
To provide water-soluble Fe2+/Fe3+ ions, I stuck an iron nail in the grow medium and sprayed some dilute vinegar-water on it and let it trickle down. I also sprayed some diluted vinegar-water over the grow medium to reduce the pH a little. I'll know in a few days if this did the trick.

[attachment=357]P1160045.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=358]P1160046.JPG[/attachment]

The plant growing in a window with no supplemental lighting so far turned out female:

[attachment=359]P1160047.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=360]P1160048.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=361]P1160049.JPG[/attachment]

Boom Shankar!
Quote:The stretch from lack of light.
[attachment=356]P1160016_1.JPG[/attachment]
Huh why are you growing this way?