Facebook Share

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple weed LED grow
So I sprouted a few seeds recently, including bag seeds and some seeds I'd got from an old time grower in Northern California.

The bag seeds produced prolific, light green, tall and lanky saplings. The average sprouting success rate was much better with these bag seeds, compared to the Cali seeds which took much longer to sprout and a lot of them died shortly thereafter.

But, one plant survived and turned out special. She's purple and might be a strain called Magenta!! She is currently nursing 4 watts of LED's at about 300 Lumens, which will be slowly upped to a maximum of 40 W -50 W during flowering in a few months.

Here are some pics. Will keep you posted every few weeks or so. The last picture shows you why you need good seeds to grow indoors. Boom!

P1000330.JPG[/attachment]

P1000331.JPG[/attachment]

P1000332.JPG[/attachment]

P1000333.JPG[/attachment]
Everything I say on this forum is imaginary and for educational purposes only. I make no claims or warranties over any instructions, pictures or any other material posted by me or anyone else on this forum. I do not condone illegal activities and neither should you.

Boom Shankar!
Wow why has no one replied for ever???
Nice sir_tokesaalot!!!!
I love it, I am growing myself ...
How is this grow going? Those ladies still alive?
Quote:Wow why has no one replied for ever???
Nice sir_tokesaalot!!!!
I love it, I am growing myself ...
How is this grow going? Those ladies still alive?

Welcome Pragmatic,

Yes, these two ladies are going quite strong. I'll update pictures soon. They are now in medium-sized pots with a lot more soil/compost and the difference in strains is also remarkable. I am going to start LST'ing them soon. The purple one is going to grow under LED lights in a closet while the local strain will be grown by a south-facing window with supplemental LED light for 2-3 more months. I am hoping to finish the purp by August. I am also getting the LED light prototypes this week. Wish me luck!
Everything I say on this forum is imaginary and for educational purposes only. I make no claims or warranties over any instructions, pictures or any other material posted by me or anyone else on this forum. I do not condone illegal activities and neither should you.

Boom Shankar!
Best of luck! Have they shown sex yet?
Post moar pics ASAP.
I will start my thread here too I hope...that is if im not too lazy Tongue...But Im just growing some bagseeds(schwagg) for learning purposes...havent got the time to get nutes they are still too young for those (2 weeks) just want to keep them happy and delhi's heat is raising my electricity bill...but wth...if all goes/grows well then I am going to order some foreign strains and grow those but that's for later...
Btw if your staying in Delhi then please tell me where to get nutes and stuff...I think I just want NPK 20 20 20 and micro nute mix of some sort for foliage based plants

~Pragmatic
:cheer: @sir tokes a lot.. All the vesy best for those 2 sprouts.. Good to knw that some1 frm bangalore has so much knowledge abt this..one leaf fr me if that sprout grows succesfully
Quote::cheer: @sir tokes a lot.. All the vesy best for those 2 sprouts.. Good to knw that some1 frm bangalore has so much knowledge abt this..one leaf fr me if that sprout grows succesfully

Sure B. One leaf for you. I heard that if you keep it in a book, it gives birth to little leaves after a few months :dry:

Boom Shankar!
OK time for some pics - Pre and post LST. The skinny one is still pretty skinny and has a weird mutation where only 3-lobed leaves are yet visible and the bottom two nodes had single lobed leaves, which have been pinched off on account of having dried up.

The blue girl is turning out beautifully and has already started lateral growth after one day of LST and the added 40W of LED light is expected to result in some serious vegging.

P1160001.JPG[/attachment]

P1160002.JPG[/attachment]

P1160003.JPG[/attachment]

P1160006.JPG[/attachment]

P1160007.JPG[/attachment]

P1160009.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=212]P1160010.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=213]P1160011.JPG[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Boom Shankar!
Update: The LED lights have been prototyped and I will be getting them later today or latest by tomorrow. I will have 40W total, allowing one 20W downlight and supplemental or nursery lights of 10W each. The LED's offer class leading photons/watt and require no secondary optics.

The plan is to veg the magenta girl for at least 2 weeks (till the end of the month) and flower through July. Ideally I would veg for another month or so, but I might be moving in August and need to account for cure time as well.

I have noticed that the 2x 2W grow LEDs I used on the saplings in the earlier pictures have burned out progressively, starting with the Blue LEDs. I suspect this is because the driver board was meant for 110V (I bought those lights in the USA).

Here are the latest pictures. The bagseed mutant is still showing only 3-lobed leaves which have just gotten larger. The blue girl is responding beautifully to LST and you can see a lot of development in the 'lower' nodes. All this from a closed south-facing window and very little artificial light so far.

P1160016.JPG[/attachment]

P1160017.JPG[/attachment]

P1160018.JPG[/attachment]

You can see the 'tallest' node growing faster than the rest in the below picture.

[attachment=247]P1160019.JPG[/attachment]

Boom Shankar!
This is just a 10W light. I'm going to ramp it up over the next couple of days to 20W. Don't wanna shock her too much by hitting her with super intense light all of a sudden.

P1160021.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=250]P1160022.JPG[/attachment]

Boom Shankar!
are your plants getting enough light? Thats some super stretch you got going.
I do not encourage the cultivation/use of Cannabis. All text/illustrations are for educational purposes only. I do not take responsibility for the misuse of the information presented above. Readers are advised against breaking the law as it is illegal to cultivate/use Cannabis in India.-Manchi Phoga